Welcome to WATERLINE project website and thank you for your interest in our project. We are serious about protecting your personal data and we would like to ask you to read the following information about the protection of your data at our website carefully. This privacy notice refers to website visitors, our research partners, and other stakeholders and provides detailed information on how we process personal data.
What data do we collect?
WATERLINE collects the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Professional affiliation and/or job title
How do we collect your personal data?
- Via your subscription to our newsletter (we are going to need your full name, email address and phone number)
- By contacting us via email (we are going to need your email address in order to get back to you)
- Via registration to in-person/remote meetings (we are going to need your name, email address, phone number in this case for the attendance list of the event and for contacting you for information and in case of emergency)
- Via the informed consent we will ask you to sign in case you wish to participate in one of our Pilot Use Cases
Special categories of personal data: When hosting an event, we might ask you to provide us with your dietary restrictions in order to be able to provide you with some options that work best for you.
How do we use your data?
- for communicating with you regarding a question you may have sent us
- for forwarding you our newsletter in case you have subscribed to it
- for providing you more details on an event you have registered to attend
Lawful basis for processing your personal data
- Informed consent: when you provide us with your personal data directly via subscribing to our newsletter or when you fill in a registration form.
- Legal obligation: when we have to process personal data in order to meet a legal obligation we may have
- Legitimate interests: when it is necessary for us to communicate to the public the project’s outcomes and for enhancing our research quality.
How do we store your data?
Since WATERLINE is a consortium consisted of 15 partners, your data will be securely stored in the responsible partner’s premises where the appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken in order to ensure the protection of data. All partners act according to the Quality Assurance and Data Management Plans that have been laid out in the beginning of the project; meaning that we have secure servers that are password protected for the storage of your data and access is granted only to people who are directly involved in WATERLINE. Additionally, security and anti-virus software is installed and frequently updated in our servers. Please note that the transmission of data cannot be 100% secure; however, we do our best in order to protect your data to the highest extent.